Since 2004 InHealth Intelligence has actively supported Diabetic Eye Screening Programmes (DESP) across the NHS in England. In April 2011, we commenced the provision of a fully managed service for East Anglia, serving a large rural community. In 2015, we started providing the service in North West London; in 2016 we launched the new Essex Diabetic Eye Screening Programme; in 2017 we formed the new Hampshire & Isle of Wight Diabetic Eye Screening Programme and took over the Dorset service; in 2018 we took over delivering diabetic eye screening services in Berkshire; then in 2019 we formed the Devon Diabetic Eye Screening Programme, Greater Manchester North Diabetic Eye Screening Programme, Greater Manchester South Diabetic Eye Screening Programme and took responsibility for the Kent and Medway Diabetic Eye Screening Programme.
We are very excited to be the new provider of the diabetic eye screening programme for approx. 51,000 people with diabetes in the Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSG) area.
- Our fully managed service covers all aspects of a quality DESP and is in full compliance with the national standards and best practice
- Browser-based diabetes register analytics to improve the accuracy of the registers
- Cost-effective booking services including call and recall of patients for screening
- Retinal screening / grading by trained and accredited professional staff
- Innovative screening and surveillance software, Spectra
- Grading of image sets at all levels
- Automated referral for surveillance and Hospital Eye Service (HES) care
- Provision of failsafe services
- Patient centred website with a section for Healthcare Professionals
- Provision of clinical leadership and internal quality assurance
Take a look at our our programme websites:
- East Anglia DESP at www.eadesp.co.uk
- Essex DESP at www.essexdesp.co.uk
- North West London DESP at www.nwldesp.co.uk
- Hampshire & Isle of Wight DESP at www.desphiow.co.uk
- Berkshire DESP at www.berkshiredes.nhs.uk
- Devon DESP at www.devondesp.co.uk
- Greater Manchester North DESP at www.gmnorthdesp.co.uk
- Greater Manchester South DESP at www.gmsouthdesp.co.uk
- Kent & Medway DESP at www.kmdesp.co.uk
- Bristol, North Somerset & South Gloucestershire (BNSSG) DESP at www.bnssgdesp.co.uk
- Birmingham, Solihull & the Black Country at www.bsbcdesp.co.uk
- Leeds & Mid-Yorkshire at www.lmydesp.co.uk
- North of Tyne & Gateshead at www.ntgdesp.co.uk
- West Riding & Craven at www.wrcdesp.co.uk
Improving Diabetic Register Accuracy
We also offer a service to ensure your register of people with Diabetes is accurate, which can assist you in achieving and even surpassing national targets with your current programme. This is achieved through a monthly export from GP Practice clinical systems using exports. It is vital that your register is accurate as it ensures all appropriate people are diagnosed and referred to the DESP in a timely manner.
The Register service is available on GP Systems of Choice (GPSoC) Lot 3 framework to help make buying from us quicker and easier.