Everyone is at some risk of developing heart disease, stroke, diabetes, kidney disease and some forms of dementia. A NHS Health Check aims to help you lower your risk of developing these common but often preventable diseases.
From April 2013, the responsibility for the NHS Health Check programme moved to your Local Authority, who will invite anyone who is eligible to have a check over a five-year rolling cycle. This means that everyone aged 40 to 74 who haven’t already been diagnosed with any of the conditions mentioned above will be invited for a NHS Health Check.
InHealth Intelligence will help support you, the Local Authority, to meet the targets set by Public Health England by providing a comprehensive analytics solution.
Features & Benefits
- Supports the delivery of a NHS Health Check in both GP Practice and Community environments
- Instantly establishes the baseline number of all eligible patients for a NHS Health Check
- Prioritises “high risk” patients for systematic invitation process
- Our fully comprehensive management module tracks patients through invitation, reminder, recall and results reporting etc.
- Manages the recall of patients over a five year rolling cycle
- Monitors interventions, treatment and outcomes
- Supports a wide variety of CVD risk algorithms
- Automatically produces outcome reports for Commissioners
- Bespoke reports to enable commissioners to monitor any Local Enhanced Schemes
- Provision of GP clinical system templates to support the delivery of a NHS Health Check
- It is a secure data capture tool for community/pharmacy based NHS Health Checks
If you are a patient and would like further information on the NHS Health Check initiative, please visit: http://www.nhs.uk/Planners/NHSHealthCheck/Pages/NHSHealthCheckwhat.aspx