We have a vacancy in our IT team available if you would like to join the Health Intelligence team based in Sandbach, Cheshire
IT Support Analyst
Salary – £18,000 to £25,000 dependent on experience
Health Intelligence is seeking an experienced IT Support Analyst. We require an enthusiastic and motivated self-starter with a real interest in technology to support the IT Infrastructure and users based in Sandbach, and remote support to our other sites.
The post holder would be required to:
- Support and maintain Health Intelligence’s information infrastructure including servers, desktops, laptops, VOIP phones, mobile phones, networks, applications and bespoke software solutions.
- Assist with the management and tracking off assets and their disposal
- Assist in the purchasing of new assets and technology refreshes/roll-outs
- The imaging and setup of desktops, laptops and servers
- Provide end user support in relation to both software and hardware
- Investigate and report on in-house application errors and bugs
- Assist with the testing of application enhancements and technology upgrades
- Provide user administration and management using (AD, Office365, and RADUIS etc.)
- Provide support for networking and connectivity including external internet connections, VPNs and WLAN
- Assist with back-office server related tasks
- Liaise with third party maintenance providers
- Provide telephone support
- Any other tasks required by the IT Manager.
Over time the role will evolve into supporting more complex second and third line support issues within Support Services.
Skills / Experience:
- Educated to degree level or with proven work based experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7 and Windows Server (2003, 2008 and 2012)
- Advanced knowledge of server administration including Active Directory, Group Policy, and backup technologies
- Good understanding of networking concepts and technologies including and not necessarily limited to: DHCP, DNS and TCP/IP, switches, routers.
- Systematic and logical approach to problem solving and the ability to follow set procedures
- Strong troubleshooting abilities on all technology covered about and able to provide this in the form of remote support
- Good understanding of hardware set-up, configuration and break-fix
- Hands on approach and a willingness to learn
- Knowledge and experience of managing mobile phones and technology would be advantageous
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge and experience with GNU/Linux operating systems would be an advantage (CentOS and Mint)
- Knowledge and experience virtualisation technologies and productions would also be advantageous
- A full UK driving license and access to own transport will be required due to occasional travelling
- Due to the nature of the role out of hours work will sometimes be required
- A CRB check will be required
If you are interested in this role please apply by sending your CV to Rosy.Willis@health-intelligence.com by Friday 27th February 2015